Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recessiotarian Journal: Day #3


Recessiotarian Wednesday:


I'm back, people, and I'm full.

This morning for breakfast I ate the croissants that I'd snagged at yesterday's conference (yes, all three) and for lunch had the two leftover conference sandwiches. Thank you, LEAP for subsidizing my existence. For dinner I was supposed to meet up with my friend LS and was all set to shell out $3 for delicious (and cheap!) Mamoun's falafel. When we met up, however, her boyfriend was there and he generously told us he was treating us to dinner! ANOTHER free meal I didn't even solicit. We got Chinese food (are you seeing a pattern here?) at Suzies Chinese Restaurant in the Village. It was totally delicious, but it did make my second night of Chinese food in a row. This would be unremarkable but for the fact that that monotony applied to my breakfast and lunch as well. It felt like Groundhog Day in my stomach.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to reawakening my taste buds after this week is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment