Saturday, October 17, 2009

Recessiotarian Journal: Day #5

Recessiotarian Friday:

Today I woke up revitalized and more determined than ever to succeed in my quest for
free food. And then, for breakfast I ate a cereal bar and a piece of fruit. Womp womp. My first not-free meal yet, and a demoralizing start to the day.

But, for lunch I took some leftovers to work from Tuesday's dinner - Tuesday to Friday was, I know, pushing the leftovers limit, but the chinese food was still delicious, albeit with a decidedly... free... "aftertaste".

After work I indulged in a Pinkberry yogurt for about $5, but for dinner I ate leftover Indian food from Thursday. Later I went to the the house of your very own Brooklyn Recessionist, and ended up - you'll never guess- eating some more! But at least it was free - I had some of her delicious curried lentils and then a dessert of apple crumble, made from fresh-picked apples from upstate. Yum.

1 comment: